About the Challenge
Challenge Fast Facts:
- The Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge middle school level encourages student teams, working with a teacher/mentor, to identify environmental issues of concern and create sustainable, reproducible improvements in their local communities.
- Open to all middle school students in grades 6-8 working in teams of two to four with a teacher/mentor.
- The teacher/mentor must register and create a team to begin. Once this is complete, the student team can work on the challenge application.
- Only the teacher/mentor can submit the final application.
- All submitted work must be the work of the students and completed during the entry period.
- The Challenge is open August 24, 2011 through March 15, 2012.
Today's young people will inherit a world that's very different from the one their parents inherited. Climate change; polluted air, water and soil; endangered species; shrinking coastlines; and a rapidly increasing population are among the many issues that threaten our global environment.
The Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge gives students the opportunity, tools and inspiration to make a difference and become agents of change. Beginning August 24, 2011 through March 15, 2012, middle school student teams from across the country will be challenged to create sustainable, reproducible environmental improvements in their local communities.
The Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge at the middle school level consists of six steps. View the middle school application to learn more.
Making an impact and improving the future for everyone is a reward within itself. In addition to this accomplishment, the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge awards a variety of exciting prizing. Top prizes include a share in thousands of dollars in savings bonds and an unforgettable Discovery adventure trip.